Insalata di Sedano e Champignon is a tasty, tangy, flavoursome salad which is quick and easy to make!
|Preparation time: 10 minutes||Serves: 4 (as a side)|
- 300g/10½ oz/3 cups of small mushrooms
- 5 stalks of celery, with leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- A tablespoon of fresh parsley
- Optional: pomegranate seeds, chopped tomatoes, shaved parmesan or gran padano, chopped walnuts, chives
- A large serving bowl
- Wash the mushrooms, celery and parsley, remove the ends of the celery, and slice each as finely as possible.
- Add the mushrooms, celery and parsley to a serving bowl and briefly toss everything together.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and squeeze over the lemon juice before tossing the salad again. Add more olive oil, lemon juice or parsley according to taste.
- If using any of the optional ingredients, sprinkle them over the salad.
- Pop the salad bowl in the fridge for an hour, then serve.
- Buon Appetito!
- Serve with crusty bread for a light lunch, or as a side to pasta dishes.
Pronunciation: (In-sa-la-tah de se-dah-no eh cham-pee-gnon)
Relatives: Celery Salad, Warm Mushroom Salad